xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Identity transformation for XSLT 2.0

2007-12-17 03:42:38
On 12/17/07, Michael Kay <mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com> wrote:
I can't see how you are handling entity references, which are probably the
biggest bugbear of all.

You are right. Except for XHTML I always use XSD schemas these days. I
naively thought that entity references would take care of themselves
at the end. I will make PIs to handle them too. Remains the problem
with entity references from inside attribute values.

But if that is the only major remaining problem my identity
transformation solution for XSLT 2.0 should work for most use cases.

I also have a feeling that default attributes must be copied out of
the DTD, if the DTD is not reused.

Cheers,
Jesper Tverskov