xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XSLT processor for Mac OS X

2008-03-23 02:03:13
Am 22.03.2008 um 21:56 schrieb Aaron Gray:
On 22/03/2008, Aaron Gray <angray(_at_)beeb(_dot_)net> wrote:
I am looking for an XSLT processor for Mac OS X for my father to use. Ideally it is native and does not require Java to be installed. Also it would be good if it had a graphical frontend and ideally able to batch
 process.
Kernow is exactly that: a graphical front end for Saxon that does
multithreaded batch processing... but it does require Java 1.6 (which
is downloaded and installed automatically for you if you use the java
web start version).
http://kernowforsaxon.sf.net/jws.html
However, until Apple pull their proprietary fingers out you're limited
to Java 5.

So its a no go for now ?

Not at all. If you can live with a few glitches you can download Kernow 1.4 and use it with Mac OS X. I was surprised to see that you just have to double-click the kernow.jar to get it running.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/kernowforsaxon

-> Download Kernow -> View older releases… -> Kernow 1.4 with Saxon 8.8

- Michael

Michael Müller-Hillebrand: Dokumentations-Technologie
Adobe Certified Expert, FrameMaker
Lösungen und Training, FrameScript, XML/XSL, Unicode
<http://cap-studio.de/> -- Tel. +49 (9131) 28747