xsl-list

[xsl] How to match very first entry from multiple entry

2008-07-14 04:42:09
Hi,

Assume html table,

I like to match very first entry of table body not for all entry.

The below my code matching for all but I need specifically very first
element.

Ex: <xsl:template match="tbody/row/entry"><entry rowsep="1"
align="center"><xsl:apply-templates/></entry></xsl:template>

Regards,
Ramkumar
Software - Digital Services Division,
Macmillan India Ltd.- Chennai 600 018.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Welch [mailto:andrew(_dot_)j(_dot_)welch(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2008 3:34 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] Copy results

If you don't have a point in the calling application where it's easy to
copy
a file, then your application architecture may be wrong. I think that in
nearly all production applications there should be some kind of framework
that invokes the XSLT (it might be Java, or XProc, or Ant, or Cocoon, or
something else) that allows you at the very least to fiddle around with
input and output files. Ideally it should allow you to construct a
pipeline
of transformations.

Well Cocoon is a serious investment, XProc seems like vapour-ware at
the moment, leaving Ant and Java.... and as Ant is Java I guess you
may as well use Ant.

For batch transforms, I don't think you can beat Ant.  For server-side
stuff, I'm still going for standalone transforms + eXist...

I've nosed around XProc with much anticipation, but can't seem to find
much...

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com