xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Copy results

2008-07-08 03:39:14

Just so that I am clear, I am writing a book that is utilizing a project schema (memeio/structured text).

The book (and in fact all my current work, consisting of a variety of nascent research papers and books) is represented as a hierarchy of collections stored in an eXist database. Various sub-documents are generated by processing the entirety (such as an index) and a variety of application level analysis is performed (also written in XPath/ XSLT). And, indeed, I do process and generate multiple documents (although logically it is always one document).

Frankly, the system I use now (that includes Saxon 9, with which I am mightily impressed) is a more powerful and productive document authoring and publishing system for highly technical documents and scientific research than anything I have ever used (and I am a veteran of TeX, LaTeX, Word, Frame Maker et al). It has enabled features that I could only dream of before.

I do hope that Michael (Kay) is not expressing skepticism concerning this application of XSLT. It seems to me to be common enough.

Sincerely,
Steven