xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Copy results

2008-07-08 02:53:20

On Jul 8, 2008, at 2:42 AM, Michael Kay wrote:

XSLT is essentially a special-purpose language - its design is optimized for
the task of transforming XML to XML.

Okay, interesting comments coming from you. So I don't doubt that it is sound advice. All I am doing in my pipeline is XML to XML transformations on a hierarchy of collections. It is just that at one point in that process I may want the output to go to two locations. To do this outside of XSLT I will have to generate a different file that contains the published file list and then copy the files - introducing unhelpful latencies and potential points of failure.

Surely the mere fact that results-document exists in XSLT suggests some elementary file processing may be required.

With respect,
Steven

--
        Dr. Steven Ericsson-Zenith
        Institute for Advanced Science & Engineering