xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Copy results

2008-07-08 04:07:15

I do hope that Michael (Kay) is not expressing skepticism
concerning this application of XSLT. It seems to me to be
common enough.

XSLT is ideally suited to this task. But for this kind of application I
think one usually needs more than one stylesheet, and you need some control
logic to decide which stylesheets to invoke on which source documents in
what sequence, and it's very often appropriate to implement that control
logic in something like Ant (or even a shell-script if you're into that kind
of thing).

Last time I counted, the production system for the Query/XSLT family of
specifications included over 50 separate XSLT stylesheet modules. You need
something to tell the system what to do with them (in this case, Ant is
used).

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/