xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Re: Benefits of xsl.sequence

2008-09-30 05:25:20
Is there anything in XSLT 2.0 we can only do using xsl:sequence?

Michael Kay:
Yes: this is the only way that you can write a function (or indeed a
template) that returns references to existing nodes, as distinct from newly
constructed nodes. That's very important if you're doing graph-manipulation
operations like checking your data for cycles.

I'am not sure that I don't understand, "returns references to existing
nodes". Is it possible to give a more easy to understand example than
"doing graph-manipulation operations like checking your data for
cycles"?

Jesper