xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Single transformation using XSLT on-the-fly

2008-10-18 14:45:23
"Giacomo" == Giacomo  <giacgbj(_at_)xoom(_dot_)it> writes:

    Giacomo> Using a *single* transformation, is there a way to create
    Giacomo> an XSLT 2.0 on-the-fly and apply it to a document? I
    Giacomo> tried many different ways, but I think that's impossible
    Giacomo> because, even if I can save the XSLT in a document
    Giacomo> (xsl:result-document), I can't include it at run-time.

Well, it rather depends upon your definition of a single
transformation, and how much you are prepared to cheat.

Using an extension function, this is possible, if you then take
advantage of URI aliasing.

But using an extension function means you aren't doing it in pure XSLT
2.0. Well, you didn't say pure.

Do you want an example?
--
Colin Adams