xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Single transformation using XSLT on-the-fly

2008-10-19 01:57:04
"Giacomo" == Giacomo  <giacgbj(_at_)xoom(_dot_)it> writes:

    >> Well, it rather depends upon your definition of a single
    >> transformation, and how much you are prepared to cheat.

    Giacomo> When I said "a single transformation" I meant applying
    Giacomo> the stylesheet only once. If the stylesheet is able to do
    Giacomo> other transformations it's right for me.

My own personal opinion is that these things are best done as pipelined
stages. Either something like the soon-to-be-fangled <patent pending>
XProc, or good old-fashioned (about 38 years old by my reckoning) unix
pipelines.

E.g. see http://colina.demon.co.uk/?q=node/39
--
Colin Adams