xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Single transformation using XSLT on-the-fly

2008-10-18 18:57:14
Using a *single* transformation, is there a way to create an
XSLT 2.0 on-the-fly and apply it to a document? I tried many
different ways, but I think that's impossible because, even
if I can save the XSLT in a document (xsl:result-document), I
can't include it at run-time.

It's possible using an extension such as
saxon:compile-stylesheet()/saxon:transform(). If you don't have such an
extension with your chosen processor, it's entirely possible that you could
write your own.

http://www.saxonica.com/documentation/extensions/functions/compile-styleshee
t.html
http://www.saxonica.com/documentation/extensions/functions/transform.html