xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XQuery Updates in XSLT

From: "Liam Quin" <liam(_at_)w3(_dot_)org>
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2008 5:13 AM
To: <xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
Subject: Re: [xsl] XQuery Updates in XSLT

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 02:41:15PM -0700, Dimitre Novatchev wrote:
The spec is too complex and presents definite challenge for
understanding.

Dimitre, you're well aware that the specification is not a tutorial.

Liam

http://www.holoweb.net/~liam/ * http://www.fromoldbooks.org/
Yes, but if someone as knowledgeable as Dimitre can struggle to understand a spec then that leaves little hope for us mortals. I normally learn by reading a book written by someone who understands the spec, Dr. Kay's XSLT books for example, and when I've mastered the basics use the spec if I have low-level queries that need answering.

This approach hasn't worked with XQuery yet, Amazon has no recent books on the subject, understandable given that the XQuery Update CR was only issued on 1 August 2008. Anyone know of any "in the pipeline"?

Joe
http://joe.fawcett.name