xsl-list

RE: [xsl] XML transformation based on parameters

2009-04-15 18:49:56

It looks to me as if you are using Xalan as your XSLT processor. The kinds
of object you can pass as parameters depend on the processor you are using,
so you should check the processor-specific documentation (or on a
processor-specific help forum).

Passing a string when a node-set is expected definitely feels wrong; I
wouldn't expect a processor to parse the string by way of an automatic
conversion.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Emiliano Pecis [mailto:emiliano(_dot_)pecis(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com]
Sent: 15 April 2009 23:32
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] XML transformation based on parameters

Hi all,

I'm facing out a conversion issue: when I try to pass a XML
fragment as input parameter to XSLT, it returns the following error:

cannot convert from  'java.lang.String' to 'node-set'

If I try to pass it as xml object it fails with the following error:

cannot convert from
'org(_dot_)apache(_dot_)xmlbeans(_dot_)impl(_dot_)store(_dot_)Xobj$DocumentXobj(_at_)f0e06a'
'node-set'

I have seen some suggestions regarding the use of "extension
functions" of processor, I but I didn't understand what
exactely I should do.

Thanks!
emiliano