xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XML transformation based on parameters

2009-04-16 06:19:04
2009/4/16 David Carlisle <davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk>:

select="xalan:nodeset($params)/

why do you need an extension function here? xx:node-set() is for

Hi David, I was searching for a trick to accept an external parameter
when an XML is passed.
Using: $params/query-params/param/@name
it fails with the same exception: java.lang.RuntimeException: Invalid
conversion from node-set' a
'org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Xobj$DocumentXobj.

Instead, using:
document($params)/query-params/param/@name" (as you suggestes)
it returns a different error:

com.sun.org.apache.xml.internal.utils.URI$MalformedURIException: Path
contains invalid character <

I think that "<" is the begin of xml file I passed. So, my question
is: is there a way to encode this xml file in some way
and see it as a normal xpath variable?

Michael,
yes, I will write to a xalan ml as well! Thanks

e.