xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Math "functions" for XSLT 1.0

2010-03-04 00:55:38
Dimitre,
To substantiate this statement, I ran a quick and dirty test for sin()
on 201 values in the interval [-1, +1], with x(i) = x(i-1) +0.01.

Here are the results (using Msxml4):

CORDIC (Couthures): 93.810ms

Taylor series(FXSL) :   9.664 ms

Thank you for these measures! Did you also compare results by the way ?

About CORDIC, the quote in Wikipedia you gave is not in the French version of it but should be added. Today, the problem is not "to read more" but "to find what to read" and "not to find what not to read".

So, I will keep in mind to look at this later if necessary...

Another French guy said to me that he also programmed those functions for XSLT himself some times ago. XSLT French community is not very active currently... and should more participate worldwide.

I was happy with the results I obtained (and I'm still!) and to share with others is important to me (even in English... which is not that easy for me). I don't pretend to be smarter, the truth is I don't hesitate to do myself what I can't find, even if others say it's impossible or, at least, difficult.

I love XSLT and, even if it's not always easy, I'm convinced that XSLT 1.0 (the only one implemented by Microsoft, PHP and browsers,... if only there was a count of deployed XSLT engines, XSLT 1.0 would be the (almost unused) winner) is good for any kind of calculations too.

-Alain