xsl-list

Re: [xsl] junit test... for xslt2?

2010-03-07 02:10:42
On 06/03/10 14:46, Tony Graham wrote:
On Sat, Mar 06 2010 13:31:03 +0000, pgfearo(_at_)googlemail(_dot_)com wrote:
The XSLT<xsl:message>  provides a useful method for outputing test
results, especially when all xsl:message output from the test case set
is aggregated into a single XML file,  as in CoherentWeb. A further

The issue that I always have with all-XSLT testing frameworks is that
they're good for the feel-good cases of testing that you get the right
output for the right input, but not so good for testing that you get the
right result for the wrong input if the right result is<xsl:message
terminate="yes"/>.

Any test program can die under unexpected circumstances Tony. I guess
it's not unique to XSLT.

In terms of scope... My requirements this time were simply to test
values generated from an XSLT 2.0 stylesheet.
Not to test an actual stylesheet itself. Hence my prompt about
the various XSD datatypes. I could complete that (Thanks Andrew for
the 'smarts' input. Now adopted).

Tony/Florent. I'm with you on the processing model. Keep the
test code as imported, then (reluctantly) separate the test
generation from the overall result generation.. [and output
formatting?].

Is it practical to further than testing fairly simple values?
Aren't we into a full XML diff engine then?

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.