xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Why are there no XSLT processors implemented in XSLT?

2012-05-01 17:58:22
Hi Markus,

thanks for pointing out that <xsl:copy-of> is not (yet) implemented.

I tried with a modified stylesheet that uses <xsl:value-of> and that
works (ab2.xml).

Now I came back to the original plan to execute naxos.xsl "with itself".

I made naxos2.xsl a copy of naxos.xsl with a slight change:
It reads the document to work on by document() call.

Executing naxos2.xsl on ab4.xml which should execute naxos.xsl on
ab2.xml does not work ...

$ diff ../naxos.xsl ../naxos2.xsl
50c50
<                     <xsl:with-param name="document" select="/"/>
---
                    <xsl:with-param name="document" select="document
(.)"/>
$
$ cat ab2.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xml" href="double2.xsl"?>
$
$ cat double2.xsl
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

  <xsl:template match="/">
   <out>
    <xsl:value-of select="."/>
    <xsl:value-of select="."/>
   </out>
  </xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>
$
$ java com.icl.saxon.StyleSheet ab2.xml ../naxos.xsl; echo
<out>123123</out>
$
$ cat ab4.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xml" href="../naxos.xsl"?>
<url>ab2.xml</url>
$
$ java com.icl.saxon.StyleSheet ab4.xml ../naxos2.xsl
Evaluating variable {}function-namespace-prefix
Evaluating variable {}function-documents
Evaluating variable {}grammar-namespace-prefix
Evaluating variable {}grammar-document
Evaluating variable {}collation
Circular definition of global variables: {}use-stylesheet::d4e21;
Processing terminated by xsl:message at line 337
$

Mit besten Gruessen / Best wishes,

Hermann Stamm-Wilbrandt
Level 3 support for XML Compiler team and Fixpack team lead
WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/blogs/HermannSW/
https://twitter.com/#!/HermannSW/
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: Martina Koederitz
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Dirk Wittkopp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Boeblingen

  From:       Markus Abt <abt(_at_)comet(_dot_)de>

  To:         "'xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com'"
<xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>,

  Date:       05/01/2012 06:41 PM

  Subject:    Re: [xsl] Why are there no XSLT processors implemented in XSLT?

Hermann Stamm-Wilbrandt wrote:
Same output (at bottom, besides XML-declaration).
Did run this on a 2.2GHz i7 processor, while naxos.xsl was running java
process had between 160% and 224% CPU utilization, which is reflected in
real vs user time.

Promising! Using enough cores, naxos will be faster than saxon. Sorry, Mr
Kay.

As next step I wanted to see, whether naxos.xsl can run naxos.xsl ... :-)
But I got stopped at this very littly sample, further efforts seem
worthless:
[...]
    <xsl:copy-of select="."/>

According to the documentation, copy-of is not yet implemented.
But naxos doesn't make use of copy-of !?

$ grep "<[^:]*:copy-of" naxos/*.xsl | wc -l
0

Best regards,
Markus

--~--