xsl-list

Re: [xsl] deep copy without attributes

2013-05-21 09:01:14
On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 1:57 PM, Liam R E Quin <liam(_at_)w3(_dot_)org> wrote:
On Tue, 2013-05-21 at 01:35 +0100, Ihe Onwuka wrote:

 it's not hard to find another example (try hidden files) - should I
be forced to write a recursive shell  depending on whether I want to
exclude or include them in the copy?

Or - it's amazing that the Unix (and Linux) shell is powerful enough
that I can write a simple recursive script to copy a folder but not copy
files matching a pattern I supply.

You're not forced to do it, you're enabled. If you don't want to write
the script and can't find osmeone else who did it,

That's what my friend  does when he needs this sort of relatively
trivial stuff  done - he asks me - and because he is a good friend I
oblige.

If you asked him I doubt he would tell you he feels enabled or
empowered because usually the request is accompanied by a statement
like "this stuff is beyond dabblers like myself".