xsl-list

Re: [xsl] deep copy without attributes

2013-05-21 06:42:51
On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 10:52 AM, Graydon <graydon(_at_)marost(_dot_)ca> wrote:
On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 01:35:54AM +0100, Ihe Onwuka scripsit:
On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 12:02 AM, Graydon <graydon(_at_)marost(_dot_)ca>
wrote:
<xsl:template match="node()">
    <xsl:copy>
        <xsl:apply-templates select="node()"/>
    </xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>

does that; it's not recursive, it's a single template.  It'll get
applied to all the nodes, but that's the magic of the XSLT declarative

if it were only about  whether cognoscenti can think up an elegant
solution - we'd still all be doing Muenchian Grouping.

To know about Muenchian Grouping, which is not, alas, elegant, merely
effective, and not know about the identity template seem really odd.

Thats because there are two different conversations going on.

One is - if you really understood this stuff you'd think it was
great/intuitive/elegant.

The other is - I understand this stuff and for this genre of problem
(you can put re-namespacing  in the same basket) I think it's
cumbersome.