xsl-list

[xsl] initial-page-number

2013-07-29 15:22:12
Hello Everyone,

I have a situation where I'm using Chapter-Page numbering at the bottom of each
page. Each Chapter resets numbering to one using initial-page-number="1".

This works great, but the side effect is odd behavior in Acrobat, etc. For
example, I end up with page: 1 (89 of 213). Then when you try to print page 1,
you get page 1-1. If you try to print page 89, you'll get the page from the
first chapter that has 89 pages.

Looking for some guidance before I re-invent the wheel. These are my two goals.

1. I'd like acrobat to use the raw page numbers: 1-213.
2. I'd like to keep using Chapter-Page in my footer, where each chapter resets
to page 1.

As a side note, I'm working within the context of DITA based documentation.

First post here, go easy on me!

Thanks,
Matt

AVIS : Ce courrier et ses pieces jointes sont destines a leur seul destinataire
et peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles appartenant a bioMerieux.
Si vous n'etes pas destinataire, vous etes informe que toute lecture,
divulgation, ou reproduction de ce message et des pieces jointes est
strictement interdite. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur merci d'en
prevenir l'expediteur et de le detruire, ainsi que ses pieces jointes.
NOTICE: This message and attachments are intended only for the use of their
addressee and may contain confidential information belonging to bioMerieux. If
you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading,
dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message, or any attachment, is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify
the original sender immediately and delete this message, along with any
attachments.