xsl-list

RE: [xsl] initial-page-number

2013-07-29 16:34:48
Hey Ken,

Thanks for the reply. I think what I need to do is abandon
intial-page-number="1" so that I get normal 1-213 numbering. That fixes the
acrobat issue.

Then, maybe I need to start my own per chapter page counter for the footer
(that resets for each chapter).

I agree with you on the printing of 89 of 213. You'd think that would be the
underlying page but we were getting some crazy results.
Printing page 1 would give us 1-1 and not the front cover.
Printing page 3-1 which Acrobat sees as 1 (27 of 213) would give us the 27th
page of chapter 7 for example because it was the first chapter with 27 pages.
Because of this behavior, there were certain pages I couldn't even print unless
I selected "Current Page". I can upload an example if anyone wants to see the
madness.

Our group is converting documents from Framemaker to DITA and we had the
desired functionality in Frame. Hoping I can figure out a way to do it in FO.
(Is there a way to generate FO from Frame? Maybe comparing the two would be
revealing.)

I'll keep researching and if I make a significant discovery, I'll report back.

Matt