xsl-list

RE: [xsl] initial-page-number

2013-07-29 17:01:10
At 2013-07-29 23:34 +0200, KAATMAN Matthew wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I think what I need to do is abandon intial-page-number="1" so that I get normal 1-213 numbering. That fixes the acrobat issue.

No, it bypasses the Acrobat issue.

Then, maybe I need to start my own per chapter page counter for the footer (that resets for each chapter).

My point was that there is only one page-numbering mechanism in XSL-FO ... there is no such thing as "your own page counter" ... you don't know where the page breaks are.

Our group is converting documents from Framemaker to DITA and we had the desired functionality in Frame.

That tells me that the vendor of your XSL-FO engine may be able to address the issue. If the Frame PDF generator creates some kind of hidden page number semantic that doesn't confuse Acrobat, then your XSL-FO engine isn't engaging that concept in its PDF generation.

I'll keep researching and if I make a significant discovery, I'll report back.

Thank you!

--
Public XSLT, XSL-FO, and UBL classes in the Netherlands     Oct 2013 |
Public XSLT, XSL-FO, UBL and code list classes in Australia Oct 2013 |

Google+ profile: https://plus.google.com/116832879756988317389/about |
Legal business disclaimers:    http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal |