xsl-list

Re: [xsl] initial-page-number

2013-07-29 17:06:37
On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 11:34:33PM +0200, KAATMAN Matthew scripsit:
Thanks for the reply. I think what I need to do is abandon
intial-page-number="1" so that I get normal 1-213 numbering. That fixes the
acrobat issue.

Last I had to look at this (2008!), this really was an Acrobat issue.
Various other PDF viewers didn't have the problem.  (This was with PDFs
produced by Antenna House.)

Our group is converting documents from Framemaker to DITA and we had
the desired functionality in Frame. Hoping I can figure out a way to
do it in FO. (Is there a way to generate FO from Frame? Maybe
comparing the two would be revealing.)

Note that Adobe owns Frame.

You may want to look at what's doing your FO->PDF conversion; there may
be variability in the ability of the various renderers to cope with
whatever poorly documented peculiarity Acrobat's expecting in the page
numbers.

-- Graydon