xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Managing debug logging in complex transforms: what do people do?

2014-03-25 05:06:29
On Tue, 25 Mar 2014 09:45:40 +0000
Alex Muir <alex(_dot_)g(_dot_)muir(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 9:26 AM, Alex Muir
<alex(_dot_)g(_dot_)muir(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>

Okay I thought about it a bit more,,

You have step into, step over, step out, run, run to cursor, run to
end

Procedurally yes.... for XSLT IMHO no?
My mental model is all related to output?
Am I getting this, why am I not getting that?
Is this template 'working' (as I expect)

It's not clear what the difference is between run and run to the end
really. I usually use run to cursor or run to end.

Why not some others or some different lingo:
  - Move to next Template/Function
  - Move to next test="" is true
  - Move to next outputted content

rephrased as
Is this template called?
 ???
Last one duplicate of first?

I'm with Eliot, dumping output to terminal.
Increasing levels of output as I focus in,
decreasing level of $debug as I sort it out.
'Special' for a specific template?
<xsl:if $debug = 23>
   output

I suspect this may not be a viable approach for the fxsl style of code,
but its satisfied my needs for a few years.

regards

--

regards

--