xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XSLT Hello World - outreach

2014-03-27 09:54:45
Hi,

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 10:42 PM, Liam R E Quin <liam(_at_)w3(_dot_)org> wrote:
Step 1. Encourage people to use XRX or some approximation thereof for
the prototype or PofC of their application.

How would we do that?

Yes please! (Coming from someone who is neither an engineer nor a marketer.)

Step 2. Rely on inertia.

Inertia says it's easier to move to node.js and JavaScript on the back
end, although I don't personally believe that's a wise strategy in many
cases... sometimes people have to make their own mistakes, though, and
for sure XML was used in many places where it didn't really help.

Let's prefer the perfect tense and say "has been used in many places
where it doesn't really help", shall we?

I loved the "NoXML" idea.

That one got by me. Want to hear more.

Certainly, a NoXML campaign would humor the zeitgeist. I do wonder how
to make it amenable to those of us who aren't actually allergic to
angle brackets, and need the ability to name (not just @classify) our
own nodes (so that we can effectively impose constraints without all
the extra overhead).

A NoXML that led back to XRX would suit me just fine. Finding a way to
characterize this relation as a paradox (welcome home), and not just a
contradiction in terms, is the tricky part.

Cheers, Wendell

XML | XSLT | electronic publishing
Eat Your Vegetables