xsl-list

[xsl] Side notes layout in xslt?

2021-10-13 10:54:48
Before I start this I'm looking for confirmation this is possible in xslt.I
have a request to produce an instructors version of a training guide as well as
student version. Both will have a wide gutter on the left side when produced.
The instructor guide will have instructor notes in this area. I will be pulling
multiple paras into the gutter area, but not filling the space.Is it feasible
to try this in xslt?If feasible, can I make sure the page breaks are the same
in the instructor and student versions? They want to make sure they can
reference page 32 and make sure everyone is looking at the same page.I'll be
producing this from DITA markup.I suggested outputting to indesign, but they
don't want to add more software  so this would be a straight to pdf
transformation.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone