xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Side notes layout in xslt?

2021-10-14 02:53:04

Subject: [xsl] Side notes layout in xslt?

Before I start this I'm looking for confirmation this is possible in xslt.

You're misunderstanding the role of XSLT here. XSLT transforms your XML to some
other format, such as HTML, XSL-FO, CSS, etc. You could even use it to
transform directly to PDF if you were prepared to do a lot of work. The
question is (a) what format are you converting to, and (b) does that format
support side notes (and if so how). Once you've established that the target
format supports side-notes, the answer to the question whether you can generate
the side-notes using XSLT will be "yes".

Your question is a bit like asking whether you can bake a chocolate cake using
Java. If you have a cake baking machine connected to your computer and you know
what instructions you need to send it, the answer is yes; if you don't, then
the answer is no. Your question is really one about cake baking machines, not
about Java.

email <applewebdata://97DEA8A7-5EAB-4CA2-98AE-404FAD6395DF>)
email <>)