Re: Angle brackets surrounding Content-ID

2004-10-15 07:53:41

On Wed October 13 2004 10:26, Charles Lindsey wrote:

In <416C2987(_dot_)60701(_at_)erols(_dot_)com> Bruce Lilly
<blilly(_at_)erols(_dot_)com> writes:

A trivial case is transcription from spoken or written material,
and I can think of at least one individual who habitually
transcribes domain names to all upper-case.

Please can you explain why your friend should ever find it necessary to
transcribe a message identifier by hand?

Do try to pay attention; an identifier (N.B. the discussion is
about content identifiers as well as message identifiers) may
have been handed to him on a piece of paper, it may have
been spoken (e.g. one two three at eks wye zee dot net (
s/zee/zed if it makes you happy)), it may be entered via
keyboard from one screen display to another device, etc., as
mentioned above.  And I did not say that the individual
was a friend.