dkim-dev

Re: [dkim-dev] Do you have an interoperable DKIM of the recent spec?

2006-12-18 10:52:25
We've got some confusion going on internally here. I'm trying to get to the bottom of it and will report results ASAP.

--
Arvel Hathcock
CEO, Alt-N Technologies

Michael Thomas wrote:
That's funny because my null mail is not agreeing at your reflector.
That is:

Subject: foo<CRLF>
<CRLF>

the body should be canonicalized as <CRLF>, with l=2. Perhaps it's
the l=2 that tripping you up?

      Mike

Arvel Hathcock wrote:
> By the way, how do you canonicalize a null body?  Do you calculate the
> hash of a null string, or do you canonicalize a null body to <CR><LF>
> and calculate the hash of that?

Sorry for the delay. We do the latter. For both simple and relaxed a null body canonicalizes to <CR><LF>.

The spec makes this clear for simple:

"If there is no trailing CRLF on the message, a CRLF is added"

but it doesn't specifically say that for relaxed.