Re: [fetchmail]Problem in compiling fetchmail

2001-04-16 10:59:09
Hello everybody,
  Thanks very nuch. It seems to compile now.
I did the following :
 i) Untar fetchmail-5.8.1 again
ii) Copied the new Makefile.in
iii) ./configure --disable-nls
iv) make

It seems to be compiling.

Thanks very much for the prompt reply

Regards
Rohit

----- Original Message -----
From: <hmh(_at_)debian(_dot_)org>
To: "Rohit Kumar" <rohitk(_at_)whitepj(_dot_)com>
Cc: <fetchmail-friends(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org>
Sent: Sunday, April 15, 2001 3:50 PM
Subject: Re: [fetchmail]Problem in compiling fetchmail

On Wed, 11 Apr 2001, Rohit Kumar wrote:
I am trying to compile fetchmail 5.8.1 on HP-UX 11.0. I am facing following
problems:
i) Its not compiling with the default "make".  It exits with the error
    make -C intl
    Make: Unknown flag argument C. Stop

ii) I am trying to compile it with --disable-nls. The default "make" exits
with the error
    "make: line 129: syntax error. Stop."

Yes, they're two bugs indeed. Please try to rebuild with the attached
Makefile.in (without using GNU make) and tell me if it works... You'll need
to run autoconf to "activate" the new Makefile.in before you re-run
configure, btw.

NOTE: Tested to work with GNU gettext 0.10.36, which DOES fix a lot of
stupid bugs in the intl/ stuff. I have no idea if it will work as well with
the old version included with fetchmail, but chances are it will work.  I
posted a howto upgrade fetchmail's gettext to this list last week I think.

Eric, now that 5.8.0 and 5.8.1 are out, maybe you'd like the "cvs-friendly
fetchmail tree", "no need for GNU make" and new gettext build patches?
They're live in Debian's tree and seem to work fine.

  Henrique Holschuh