Re: [fetchmail]Hang on large messages

2001-12-13 18:49:07
The answer came from the Caldera list :

On Sun, 29 Jul 2001 22:04:49 -0500  "David A. Bandel" wrote:
If you're using iptables masquerading or snat, then you need to use the
tcpmss incantation I posted (that or jsut drop your MTU to 552.  The new
2.4.x kernel is a lot less forgiving of non-RFC compliant hardware and
software then 2.2.x was.

You are *good*!

Problem solved! And as a side benefit, my mail downloads  are twice as
fast as they were before (literally).

I just added
mru 552 mtu 552
to my ppp options file.