Re: [fetchmail]Hang on large messages

2001-12-14 00:42:04
From: Richard Ems <r(_dot_)ems(_dot_)mtg(_at_)gmx(_dot_)net>

Hi list!

I'm having the same problem as stated on the following unanswered quoted
mail.
fetchmail-5.9.5 hanged on two different servers with two different
mails.
Everytime fetchmail stops retrieving mails with a timeout (Query
status=7 (ERROR)).
I don't have the first mail that let fetchmail show this behaviour, but
I have the second one. It's ~ 120kB big, with no text in the body and
two attachments (address.ldif and bookmarks.html, you know what this
files are!).

Well, I'm running fetchmail 5.9.5 on my Mandrake 7.1/Kernel 2.4.16 box and it has no problems with large emails (since upgrading to 5.9.5 the largest I've received is 790 KB).

I've also just done a test with a 250 KB email with empty body text and it's come through fine.

I'd suspect a build/platform issue in your case.

--
Rob  |  Please ask questions the smart way: