Re: [fetchmail]Help! Fetchmail stopped working suddenly!

2002-04-02 23:20:25
From: jennyw <jennyw(_at_)dangerousideas(_dot_)com>

It occurs to me I should provide more info ...

I'm running on Debian GNU/Linux (Woody). I'm using Postfix as my MTA,
Procmail as my MDA, and Courier IMAP.  Fetchmail is run by the fetchmail
script in init.d that runs it with options "--daemon 300 --syslog" and
fetchmail rc is pretty simple:

defaults proto imap fetchlimit 1000
poll <server>     user "<e-mail>", pass "<password>", is <user> here

As you can see, I'm delivering to port 25 and not directly to an MDA (I
saw that as a possible explanation during a search for answers).

Odd thing is, fetchmail complains about an error from the MDA, not postfix...

Probably worth upping the logging done by postfix/procmail and doing a run of fetchmail with -v -v. That hopefully will provide more useful log entries.

   Please don't CC me on anything sent to mailing lists or send
       me email directly unless it's a privacy issue, thanks.
--
Rob  |  Ask questions the smart way: