Re: [fetchmail]Debian, RC files and daemon mode

2002-04-13 04:08:55
On Sat, 13 Apr 2002, Leszek Dubiel wrote:
I've tried google to find solution and I didn't get any answer,
so I'd like to ask you. I'm using Debian Potato and installed
fetchmail.

fetchmail from Debian potato is a r00tk1t h0le mess waiting to happen.
Never run it as root.  Heck, I'd say one should never run fetchmail as root,
it is not wise...

Get Debian woody pre-release, if you can. fetchmail in there is MUCH better.

  Henrique Holschuh