Re: [fetchmail]Make daemon warn me when auth fails

2002-04-11 23:03:51
From: Bjorn Wiren <etxbwir(_at_)cbe(_dot_)ericsson(_dot_)se>

Can anybody give me a hint on how to make fetchmail running in daemon
mode warn me when authentication towards the remote box fails?
Preferably via mail to my local box. Actually I think this was the
default behavior some versions ago.

Well, maybe you could tell people what version of fetchmail you're using?

I'm using 5.9.11 and for at least most of the 5.9 series, if not longer, when auth on a remote box fails that event gets logged to syslog.

BTW, who votes for having the warning by default? I do! (But only when
in daemon mode, of course.)

If it wasn't already there, I would.

It used to be sent by email, but personally that's just a pain. Admittedly it might be useful to chose the method of notification on an account by account basis.

   Please don't CC me on anything sent to mailing lists or send
       me email directly unless it's a privacy issue, thanks.
--
Rob  |  Ask questions the smart way: