Re: [fetchmail]fetchmail SIGPIPE error with unescaped ^\.$

2002-06-04 04:51:50
Neal McBurnett <neal(_at_)bcn(_dot_)boulder(_dot_)co(_dot_)us>:
It seems like somewhere along the line the "." is not being
escaped properly, as I believe it needs to be for SMTP.

The Solaris IMAP server uses that Sun-specific Content-Length: 8835
stuff, so I suppose that somewhere along the line one of the programs
may think that the "." doesn't have to be escaped.

Does anyone know where the problem lies, and if it has been or can be
fixed?

I think this may have been fixed in 5.9.8.  I'm going to issue 5.9.12
shortly; please test.