Re: [fetchmail] SIGPIPE on an extraordinarily big e-mail

2002-10-28 04:12:34
On Mon, 28 Oct 2002, dan carter wrote:

Do you have more information about multidrop and problems with other
MTAs?  I have been testing multidrop on Mandrake 9.0 which uses postfix
and so far so good...

"Don't use the MDA option for multidrop." -- that's what I can say from
looking at the code.

1- fetchmail does not send bounces except when forwarding into SMTP
listeners
2- fetchmail may put multiple addresses in a single %T expansion, but most
MDAs deal only with ONE recipient address at a time.

Using "/usr/sbin/sendmail -i -f %F %T" may work as MDA, but you must be
sure that your machine then actually sends bounces out for e. g. unknown
users. Postfix should do that. However, the error recovery when the
sendmail command fails (disk full etc.)