Re: [fetchmail] Okay... Fetchmail problems (Header Rewriting)

2003-01-17 11:05:58
Hi,

On Fri, 17 Jan 2003, Richard Smith wrote:

Fetchmail 5.3 (Because debian ain't updated the packages, and fetchmail 6.2
(last time i tried) failed to compile complaining about yacc problems...)

Maybe _you_ didn't update your fetchmail package, the package currently in
Debian's stable tree is _NOT_ 5.3, but 5.9.11 (5.9.11-6.2 to be exact).

poll pop3.anlx.net
        protocol pop3
        user "moo"
        pass "moo"
        smtphost "moo";

I'm baffled now... Can someone please suggest to me exactly how I'm supposed
to get mail off a remove server and pass it onto my local SMTP server
UNTOUCHED.

It's extremely important that it's untouched. IE no added headers, no
mangled 'To' fields... nothing.

Did you try the 'no rewrite' and 'set invisible' configuration items?
AND: did you restart the daemon before testing with the new config file?
Maybe it would be better to test configurations from the command line
instead of running fetchmail as a daemon.

If you have any more questions, _please_ provide _details_ as to what's
not going as you expected. Including real world examples of what happened
and what you expected.

--
Maarten.