Re: [fetchmail] Polling my ISP

2003-07-06 08:24:04
in Debian:

cat /etc/init.d/fetchmail

OPTIONS="--daemon 300 --syslog"

300 is the number of seconds of the interval.

Can you modify this interval in the accounts configuration in the
/etc/fetchmailrc

poll Telefonica via pop3.telefonica.net
    with proto POP3
        interval 6
       user "xxxxxx" there with password "xxxxxxxxxxxxx" ...

interval 6 is 6 * 300 seconds for this account.

Regards,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rich Garcia" <k4gps(_at_)bellsouth(_dot_)net>
To: <fetchmail-friends(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org>
Sent: Sunday, July 06, 2003 4:21 PM
Subject: [fetchmail] Polling my ISP

Well I finally got fetchmail working but now I am confused.. I would
like to poll my ISP for mail every 3 or so minutes. I have checked out
the fetchmail FAQ and only see the POLL command but when I check out the
example it just shows how to set up the account to poll, not the rate.

How to I tell fetchmail to connect to my ISP every and retrieve the mail
at regular intervals ?

I am using fetchmail with webmin but I have found it difficult to deal
with and I would rather just go in and change .fetchmailrc. Webmin is
nice but it does not appear to offer you all the options as if you were
editing the file on your own.

Thanks,
Rich