Re: [fetchmail] Fetching folders

2003-09-13 03:44:40
On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 00:10:21 -0400
iltaraho(_at_)fastmail(_dot_)fm uttered:

1. Is there a way to have fetchmail automatically find all sub-folders
of an IMAP account and fetch all messages in each one?

this would be fetchmail -r, see man fetchmaill for more.

2. Further is there a way to pass-on the folder information to the
mail processing system (probably procmail) so I can maintain the
folder tree structure of the server?

IIRC, once the mail is downloaded, any info about what folder it was in
on the server is not preserved in the mail header.

Check the headers of the mail which is retrieved from the alternate
folders to make sure tho, then if there is a header tag indicating
server folder origin, yer good to go.

Even if there was no indication in the headers to begin with, is there
some way to preconnect with a script and write to the headers on an IMAP
server? I don't think fetchmail or an IMAP server would permit this, but
it would would be an interesting proposition.

What kinds of remote commands are allowable on an IMAP server, besides
listing and retrieval? Hmmmm....

--
JoeHill
Registered Linux user #282046