Re[2]: [fetchmail] Fetching folders

2003-09-13 09:40:03
On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 06:43:24 -0400, JoeHill <joehill(_at_)sympatico(_dot_)ca>
wrote:

this would be fetchmail -r, see man fetchmaill for more.

This is not exactly what I was looking for. I have used the folder
keyword in the fetchmailrc file in my testing.

Syntax for the -r option is: -r <name>

Where <name> is a specified folder (or comma separated list)

To use this option I need to know before hand all folder names. Yes I
can manually use an email client to connect to the server and see the
folder structure. However I was hoping for an automated way of doing
this as my folders on the server are pretty dynamic.

I did a bit of digging before I posted the first message to see if I
could find an answer. I'm sure I am not the first person to have a
fairly extensive folder tree structure on the server. Because I am not
well experienced with fetchmail I am not sure if I have checked the best
resources. Perhaps this should be submitted as a feature request.

Guess I am complicating things because I want to maintain mail for this
account on both the company email server (Exchange 2000) and on my Linux
box. My reason for this is I haven't built up my confidence in my home
box enough to trust it with my work email. That and my service provider
doesn't have the best reliability.

Thanks for your answers.

--
 <iltaraho(_at_)fastmail(_dot_)fm>