Re: [fetchmail] Re: Deleting stale mail on servers

2003-10-10 04:24:58
D J Hawkey Jr <hawkeyd(_at_)visi(_dot_)com>:
JMHO, but adding a dependancy on a language that isn't in the base OS
of many distributions severely limits it's appeal and use.

It's in the Red Hat base.  That's 80%.  Discussion over :-).

Please do.  One of the most requested features that I refuse to add
is a switch to make fetchmail do this.  Having your script in the
contrib directory might help reduce the pressure.

Just curious, why the refusal?

Because it takes fetchmail in the direction of being a mail user agent,
away from being a simple protocol gateway.  I fight this battle constantly;
I'm fighting it now with Matthias Andree :-).