Re: [fetchmail] Re: Deleting stale mail on servers

2003-10-10 11:13:06
On Oct 10, at 02:00 PM, Rob Funk wrote:

Eric S. Raymond wrote:
D J Hawkey Jr <hawkeyd(_at_)visi(_dot_)com>:
Just curious, why the refusal?

Because it takes fetchmail in the direction of being a mail user agent,
away from being a simple protocol gateway.  I fight this battle
constantly; I'm fighting it now with Matthias Andree :-).

Of course, the "ancestral" popclient was more an MUA than a protocol
gateway, since it didn't talk SMTP.  Some people still want that MUA-ish
functionality.

Now, now... Even though I am one of those folk, ESR said "Discussion
closed", and I guess I'll have to settle for that.

I'll just keep my patchfiles to myself,
Dave

--