Re: [fetchmail]Fetchmail is incapable of continuous unattended operation

2004-02-26 08:11:47
This configuration setting configures sendmail to accept all mail
immediately and not perform DNS until "the actual queue run" (whatever
that is).

This does not seem to be a very good solution.  Basically the offending
mail now clogs up my sendmail queue and my mail is now being delayed for
an unpredictable amount of time.  In effect I seem to have moved the stuck
messages from my ISP onto my own mailserver with no gain.

I feel that here I am starting from a standard configuration (FreeBSD more
or less "out of the box") and because fetchmail and my ISP are finding it
difficult to talk to each other properly I end up having to reconfigure
(and therefore probably break) my sendmail configuration.

Am I really so out on a limb here?