RE: [fetchmail]Fetching mail from remote POP and sending it to

2004-02-26 13:16:10
Rob thanks for the reply i have read that FM ;-) but multi-drop stuff is
not for me as my system currently handls something around 50 users and
it's very
insufficient to use this approach (currently i use procmail for delivery
which is more or less the same as multi drop feature). I have postfix (it
acts as MX for number of domains as well) and it perfectly delivers  mail
to local users and forwards it to virtual ones. I don't see any reasons
why I should maintain two MDA (currently  postfix & procmail). What I need
is a simple solution which would substitute fetchmail or someone who knons
C well enough to "fix" that bug ;-) (where fetchmail changes mail from
value)...

thanks a lot anyway

-----Original Message-----
From: fetchmail-friends-admin(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org
[mailto:fetchmail-friends-admin(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of
Oleksiy Podopryhora

I have a problem it's not really a problem but someone might
know the answer.

I fetch my mail with the fetchmail and let procmail deliver
mail to users,
but ideally would be to send all incoming mail to 25 port via
fetchmail
where I have postfix  & virus/mail scanner installed. I know that is
defaults for fetchmail to deliver post to 25 port but it is
not working
very well because fetchmail changes mail from value and
postfix delivers
all the incoming mail to the one particular user.
Has any one knows workarounds or alternative software.
Thanks a lot.

RTFM - in particular look at the multi-drop support.  The above setup you
describe is very similar to the way I use fetchmail, without problems.

PLEASE - keep list traffic on the list.  Email sent directly to me may be
ignored utterly.

--
Rob | What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?

--
This message may contain privileged information. If you have received this
message by mistake, please keep it confidential and return it to the sender.

SECURITY NOTICE
This email has been virus scanned