[fetchmail]Single user, multiple IMAP accounts w/ IDLE

2004-03-06 17:17:11
Hi everyone,

Two questions.  First, when I connect to my ISP's IMAP server (Courier
IMAP, it seems) I have enabled IDLE support but fetchmail insists on
continuously using NOOP, even though the server appears to support IDLE
mode (at least it works when I telnet to the server and try using
IDLE, but the server itself never mentions IDLE, e.g. in its
capabilities response.) Is there a reason why fetchmail won't issue an
IDLE command? (or how can I force IDLE to be enabled?)

Secondly, is it possible to check mail on multiple IMAP accounts?  It
says in the docs that if one account has the IDLE option set, it will
stop all other accounts from being checked, which is fair enough.  I
then thought the way around it would be to create multiple fetchmailrc
files and run multiple instances of fetchmail, but then I saw in the
docs that fetchmail in daemon mode will only allow one instance per
user - so how would I go about monitoring multiple (three, in this case)
IMAP servers using IDLE?

Thanks,
Adam.