Re: [fetchmail]Single user, multiple IMAP accounts w/ IDLE

2004-03-07 06:16:48
Three accounts running fetchmail...

But then how can I get all my mail delivered into the one inbox?  The
way it's set up at the moment, mail from each account is delivered into
a separate folder in my mail directory, which I then read via IMAP.
This means that for each mail account I use the IMAP server's mail
delivery program (dmail in this case) to actually deliver the mail to a
specific local folder, so there should be no problems with locking or
the like.

The one thing I thought of would be to just run three instances of
fetchmail in non-daemon mode, but would this allow fetchmail to
reconnect to the server if it gets disconnected for whatever reason?
(like what's supposed to happen in daemon mode.)

Basically, I just want the three remote IMAP accounts to be connected
all the time, and the instant mail comes in it gets delivered to the
correct folder in my local mail directory.  If the remote IMAP server
disconnects, fetchmail will keep trying to reconnect every few minutes
until it succeeds, where it will continue idling again.

Cheers,
Adam.