RE: [fetchmail]Single user, multiple IMAP accounts w/ IDLE

2004-03-07 01:39:57
-----Original Message-----
From: fetchmail-friends-admin(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org
[mailto:fetchmail-friends-admin(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of
Adam Nielsen

Secondly, is it possible to check mail on multiple IMAP accounts?  It
says in the docs that if one account has the IDLE option set, it will
stop all other accounts from being checked, which is fair enough.  I
then thought the way around it would be to create multiple fetchmailrc
files and run multiple instances of fetchmail, but then I saw in the
docs that fetchmail in daemon mode will only allow one instance per
user - so how would I go about monitoring multiple (three, in
this case) IMAP servers using IDLE?

Three accounts running fetchmail...

It's the approach I use because I've got 3 groups of accounts.  One group I
want to poll on command, one group where the ISP has a history of being less
than reliable (regular timeouts, delaying the other checks) and one group
where the ISPs have no such history.

PLEASE - keep list traffic on the list.  Email sent directly to me may be
ignored utterly.

--
Rob | What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?