Re: [fetchmail]Fetchmail + Amavis: send address problem

2004-05-04 04:11:40
Thank you again!

You might want to look at these options in the fetchmail manpage:

      -D <domain> | --smtpaddress <domain>
             (Keyword:  smtpaddress)  Specify  the  domain  to be
             appended to addresses in RCPT TO lines shipped to SMTP.
             The name of the SMTP server (as specified by --smtphost,
             or defaulted to "localhost") is used when this is not
             specified.

      --smtpname <user(_at_)domain>
             (Keyword: smtpname) Specify the domain and user  to  be
             put  in RCPT  TO lines shipped to SMTP.  The default user
             is the current local user.

Those will let you override "julien(_at_)localhost" and replace it with
whatever you like.

I had read about the first, but not about the second one! Thank you for
this tip, which might resolve my problem. But as I have several e-mail
addresses, how can I put these options into my .fetchmailrc file for each
address?
For example, can I just write:
poll pop.myserver.com poll mail.myserver.com protocol POP3 username
julien-user password "MyPassWord" smtpname julien-user(_at_)myserver(_dot_)com?

I think this should be ok, am I right?

If it is, I am sorry not to have carefully read the man pages, it was to
obvious to be the solution!!
Cheers,
Julien V.