Re: [fetchmail]Fixed UIDL + IMAP patch

2004-05-20 15:22:17
Perry Hutchison <phutchis(_at_)beaverton(_dot_)windriver(_dot_)com> writes:

However, there is no guarantee against two different servers using
the same UID for completely unrelated messages.  I suspect that
may be what was meant by "globally unique" earlier in the thread.

As long as it's two different servers, it doesn't matter.

It might matter when it's two different folders for the same IMAP
account. I haven't looked at fetchmail's IMAP code closely, the
documentation alone gave me the idea that fetchmail's IMAP stuff is even
more unreliable than its POP3 stuff.

It's a pity Eric hasn't gotten around to release 6.2.6 to clear the
table for Sunil Shetye's earlier patches (and mine on top) to clean up
at least POP3 UIDL and merge Sunil's Fast-UIDL code.

Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95