Re: [fetchmail]Fixed UIDL + IMAP patch

2004-05-24 12:48:51
Perry Hutchison <phutchis(_at_)beaverton(_dot_)windriver(_dot_)com> writes:

I'm not convinced that we need either breakage detection or a config
option (unless there is an IMAP so broken that it does not change its
UIDVALIDITY when changing UID's).

I won't be long before you'll find an arbitrarily broken IMAP
server. Look at web.de, it doesn't extract headers properly, and the
only "support" they offer is a 01908 (premium rate, 3,63 EUR/min IIRC)
phone support which is likely to be some support that tells users where
to click in their MSIE. Suffice this for a rant for now.

Given that the UID's are supposed to be persistent unless UIDVALIDITY
changes, I would think that fetchmail can automatically decide whether
to do Fast or Slow UIDL during any given session:

[...]

* Whenever UIDVALIDITY changes, use Slow UIDL and the saved MD5's to
  update the saved UID's.

Fine.

Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95